The SBI Bank has launched many great credit card options providing benefits in every possible category like in travel, shopping, fuel, dining, movies, and whatnot. Every SBI credit card offers exciting privileges to the cardholders along with a good reward rate where they can earn tons of reward points for every transaction. If you are looking to get a new SBI credit card but have some doubts uncleared then you have come to the right place.
- Choose a card: The very first requirement is to select the card based on your needs. Understand the requirement of getting a credit card, it can be for fuel purchases, shopping, travel needs, etc. Look for the annual charges with the card, other charges, benefits it is providing, and the reward rate it offers.
- Understand the Eligibility criteria: Every SBI credit card comes with slight variations and depends upon the privilege the card offers. The more premium card you look for, the harsher and deeper would be the criteria to be eligible. Following are the basic requirements you need to have before applying for an SBI credit card:
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 to 65 years.
- If the applicant is self-employed, then the age should be between 21 and under 60 years.
- The applicant should have a stable income.
- The applicant should maintain a good credit score.
- Documents requirement: You need to submit some important documents to the bank if you want to apply for any credit card. Following are some of the documents the bank may ask you to attach with the application form:
- For Identity proof: PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Voter ID, Passport, etc.
- For Address proof: Ration Card, Utility bills, Driving License, etc.
- For Income Proof: Salary slips for the last 3 months or Latest ITR or form 16.
- Application process: An applicant can choose anyway, online or offline to apply for the SBI credit card. If you want to apply offline, then visit your nearest branch and fill out the form along with all the documents asked by the bank. If you want to apply online, visit the bank’s official website and search for your card and click on ‘Apply’. Fill in the form and submit the documents asked.
Know the status: If you have submitted the form along with all the documents, then you can also track your application at the bank’s website or you can call customer care for the same.
Additional Reading: Credit Cards vs. Debit Cards: Key Differences